Truth is, editing backgrounds in RapidWeaver themes is not as easy as it should be. There are several techniques which aim to make the task easier. Themer is a basic theme editing utility, this time one that runs inside of the Stacks plugin and makes it easy(er) to customise the backgrounds in different ThemeFlood themes.
Themer Makes light work of those hard-to-reach theme editing tasks.
Themer lets you apply solid colour fills, horizontal colour gradients, vertical colour gradients, local images and warehoused images as backgrounds, with controls over position and repetition. It also enables you to apply borders and CSS3 rounded corners on certain elements as well. Best of all, Themer is compatible with the @import function in PlusKit, so you can easily import your Themer stacks into other pages and quickly apply distinctive styling across multiple pages.
ExampleIn this example, the Monsoon RapidWeaver theme was selected for use from the Themer settings. Then the header element was chosen from the element menu. The background type was set to a local image, and an image stored on the computer was dragged and dropped into the image well. Background position settings were adjusted, so that the best portion of the picture was showing in the theme header. When the page was previewed, the new image was displayed in the theme header.
- When installed, drag and drop a Themer stack into your page.
- In the settings shown on the righthand side, select the theme you are using and choose an element of that theme to edit.
- Choose one of the background options provided and configure it to your requirements.
- You can also apply borders and rounded corners on some elements as well.
- Preview the page to see the changes applied to the theme.